Thursday, June 19, 2014

One person -- one story -- many friends

Friends,

     The power of “Word of Mouth” was witnessed Monday with this exchange of comments.

Shopper:  I was in Salado Saturday.

Skip:  You were?  Did you like it?

Shopper:  Yes.  I never heard of this little town.  I love it.  The little shops are very nice, and it is so quaint and pretty.

Skip:  I am glad you discovered us.  Did you go to the Park and see the dogs and ducks?

Shopper:  No, but my husband and I did some serious damage shopping.  There was one new shop that just opened – I just loved it.  The owner was so friendly and helpful.  It was really a unique place.  They had beautiful household décor.

Skip:  I am glad your shopping experience was pleasant.  How were the other shops you visited?  

Shopper:  Very nice.  I cannot believe that we never heard of Salado.  Is it always like this?

Skip:  Always.  Did you get a chance to drive around and see the neighborhoods, the golf course, the schools, churches, historical buildings, and other places of interest.

Shopper:  We have not lived in Texas long.  We will come back to Salado.

Skip:  I hope you do.  In fact, sale your home and move here.  The people are great, the schools are the best in Texas, and your husband can play golf every day.  Salado is one of the best villages in Texas according to surveys and feature stories.

Shopper:  My husband is going to think I am crazy, but that might be a possibility.  If not, I am going to tell my neighbors, friends, and relatives about Salado.  We have lived many places, but nothing like that town.  It was one of the most pleasant places we have ever experienced.

THIS IS A TRUE EXCHANGE OF CONVERSATION.  The lesson is simple.  The testimony of this shopper will be spread to many others.

In a recent survey done after a College Fair, Fort Hood, the question was asked, "How did you learn about the college Fair?" Over 75% said, “I learned about the College Fair from a friend and came.” 

      "Word of Mouth" is powerful.  It tells the world of a small village that is filled with good people and great hospitality.


                            Very respectfully,

No comments:

Post a Comment