Thursday, June 16, 2016

"I wish you enough" this Father's Day

To all of you, Happy Father's Day.

To all of you -- not just men but all of you.  At one time or another we, regardless of gender, have been a Father or a Mother to someone.

Steve Gilliland's "Making a Difference," puts Father's Day in the right perspective:

Recently, I overheard a father and daughter in their last moments together at the airport.  Standing near the gate, they hugged and the father said, "I love you and I wish you enough."
The daughter replied, "Dad, our life together has been more than enough.  Your love is all I ever needed.  I wish you enough, too."

. . . . When you were saying good bye, I heard you say to your daughter.  May I ask what that means?
The father replied, "When we said I wish you enough, we wanted the other person to have a life filled with just enough things to sustain them."

The father continued sharing the following as if he was reciting it from memory:

"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.

I wish enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy you wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final goodbye."

To all of you . . . "I wish you enough" this Father's Day, 19 June 2016.

VR/Skip


No comments:

Post a Comment