Saturday, March 26, 2016

Those spokes were smokin'

Friends,

The Salado Volunteer Fire Department did it, again!  Those spokes were smokin!  Over 500 bike riders -- each doing 70 to 100 miles today!  And the Lion's Club made sure they had water, fruit, and sandwiches!  Here is some of the action:


"A great day for a bike ride!"




"Watch this.  Do you want to see me do a trick?



"Is that another hill in front of me?"




"Yes, I am 59 years old and I can do it!  Can you?"




Tom looking and thinking, "Is there a motor on this machine?"

The Answer:  "Yes, there is but it is only used when there is nothing else left."



Re-living the ride with great friends.



"This is a great town.  We love it!  Thank you for having it!"



Oh, yes there was food -- delicious food furnished by the Fire Department.



"I made it . . . . I made it . . . . I made it!


Tired but proud!


A little water, a little rest, and I am ready for the next big ride.


A great day in Salado!

VR/Skip

Read:  Re-electSkip.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment